The links below offer a diverse list of real estate industry resources and publications.
U.S. Census Bureau
U.S. Census Housing Vacancies & Homeownership: The Housing Vacancies and Homeownership report provides current information on the rental and homeowner vacancy rates, and characteristics of units available for occupancy. These data are used extensively by public and private sector organizations to evaluate the need for new housing programs and initiatives.
CoreLogic publishes a number of periodic housing market reports, including:
The Ellie Mae® Origination Insight Report provides monthly data and insights from a robust sampling of closed loan applications that flow through Ellie Mae’s Encompass® mortgage management software and Ellie Mae Network™. The characteristics of closed and denied loans presented in this report are averages. The Origination Insight Report mines its application data from a robust sampling of approximately 75% of all mortgage applications that were initiated on the Encompass origination platform. Given the size of this sample and Ellie Mae’s market share, the Company believes the Origination Insight Report is a strong proxy of the underwriting standards that are being employed by lenders across the country.
The Fannie Mae Monthly Economic Outlook is comprised of the Economic and Mortgage Market Developments report – which details movement of interest rates, the housing market, the mortgage market, and the overall economic climate – as well as various historical and forecast tables that track and project housing market indicators, residential mortgage originations, secondary mortgage market trends, and more.
- U.S. Economic & Housing Market Outlook: A monthly perspective from the office of the Chief Economist.
- Primary Mortgage Market Survey: A weekly summary of Mortgage Rates.
Federal Housing Finance Agency
The House Price Index is a broad measure of the movement of single-family house prices. The HPI serves as an indicator of house price trends in various geographic areas.
Harvard University Joint Center for Housing Studies
The State of the Nation’s Housing 2019: Harvard’s Joint Center for Housing Studies is the nation’s leading center for information and research on housing in the United States.
Mortgage Bankers Association
Research & Economics: MBA’s highly regarded research and economics group provides the timely and comprehensive data and benchmarking tools you need to make a difference in short- and long-term strategic planning.
National Association of Home Builders
Housing Economics: NAHB produces in-depth economic analyses of the home building industry based on private and government data. Our economics group surveys builders, home buyers, and renters to gain insight into the issues and trends driving the industry.
National Association of Realtors
Research & Statistics: This section of NAR’s website features links to housing indicators, statistics and research reports, including:
- Existing Home Sales
- Pending Home Sales
- U.S. Economic Outlook
- Housing Affordability Index
- Metropolitan Median Home Prices & Affordability
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
The OCC Mortgage Metrics Report presents data on first-lien residential mortgages serviced by national banks and thrifts, focusing on credit performance, loss mitigation efforts, and foreclosures.
- The REAL Trends 500 report ranks the performance of the top residential real estate brokerage firms. Firms are ranked by both transaction sides and sales volume.
- The Thousand honors America’s finest real estate agents and their companies and is compiled and analyzed by REAL Trends. REAL Trends The Thousand awards program was developed jointly by Wall Street Journal. The Thousand is divided into four categories, each listing the top 250 designees: Individual Agent-Sales Volume; Individual Agent-Transaction Sides; Agent Team-Sales Volume and Agent Team-Transaction Sides. REAL Trends also provides a ranking of the top 50 by average sales price for both individual agents and agent teams.
S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices
The S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices are the leading measures for the US residential housing market, tracking changes in the value of residential real estate both nationally as well as in 20 metropolitan regions. Read more at http://www.housingviews.com/